Back with a brand new edition.

It's taken me a few days to get back to this, and quite a bit has happened this weekend. I'm going to cover all topics of interest in this post, so chances are, it's going to be a long one. First up: Moving Day.

So I've officially vacated my previous apartment, a place I've called home for about two and a half years (for a more in depth story, read my previous post entitled "This is very unprofessional.") It really didn't take long to move all my worldly belongings, partly due to the fact that several things were stolen from my apartment about a week or so ago. I've found temporary residence at my boss and mentor's house, specifically in the dining room, but there are no complaints, I feel so appreciative to know that people care about me enough to offer to keep me out of the rain. Not to discount my parents, they've always been there for me, but they have a house full of kids and friends, and honestly, I'm not sure if I could handle the chaos of three toddlers climbing on me. I'm not a huge fan of kids, and I get irritated easily at misbehaved children. Other than that, I hate calling upon parents and family to take me in, so I opt to handle living situations myself. I have pride issues, and I really hate being anyone's burden.

Being without a motorized mode of transportation, especially being as auto-centric as myself, has been driving me crazy, and I've only been without for roughly two weeks. I have my bicycle, but that thing is a beast to ride (20 inch MirraCo FiveStar Park + Hills = Difficulty walking and breathing.) Once again, thanks to my wonderful friends, this time namely Matt, has offered to give me one of his cars. I'm really batting .1000 in the luck department. I always try to be good to people, mainly to keep bridges up, and also because nobody likes being treated badly. My mother raised me right.

A good friend of mine, whom I've tattooed in the past, called me up this past week, asking for my services again. I had done a piece on his leg, a pizza cut into the shape of a pentagram.



I feel flattered when someone I've worked on in the past decides to reserve an entire limb, just for my work. He's since said that entire leg is now for me. But back to the topic at hand. He calls me, and says he wants some work, and of course I'm always down, so he comes to the shop the next day, and I draw up a new piece for him, this time for the back of his hand, about 1/3 of the way up his arm, of a Vampire Squid from Hell. That's the actual name of this creature. Unfortunately, I only had time enough for the linework and some black and grey, so I don't have any pictures of this newest piece yet. It should be done in the next week or two, and I'll post a picture of the finished product.

Finally, the last order of business. I received my invitation to Google Wave last night, and I started using it today. This thing is slick. I'd been reading up on it's development, and keeping up with features, and overall I've been very excited about it's release. I even anxiously awaited an invite, like I'm sure millions of other are right now. Google pushed out roughly 100,000 invites over the past 2 weeks, so I feel very privileged to have gotten mine now. The UI is clean, and very user friendly, the features are smooth, although some main functions still lack, such as the drag-and-drop file transfers. In basic text chatting, you can view the other user's responses in real-time, as they type. It's entertaining to watch, actually. Overall, it's pretty good for a beta form, and it seems fairly stable. I can't wait for new versions. The only real downside right now is the lack of users. With only 100,000 or so users, it's difficult to find friends or family who have accounts. The first Wave I sent was to a record producer in New York, whom I found on Twitter. I've contacted numerous friends, and none of them have received invites. I think once more people are able to use it, social networking will be a thing of the past. Google has already crushed two main aspects of internet use; Email and Searching. Now, with Wave, I believe it's going to effectively destroy Myspace, Facebook, and the like. Now, if Wave could only be used via mobile apps. For the time being at least, Wave is Browser-Only. Come on, Google, Wave app for Android? You know you want to. I'm done.

Add me on Google Wave! TicTacXRV@googlewave.com
Follow me on Twitter! Twitter.com/TicTacXRV

No Response to "Back with a brand new edition."

Post a Comment