Bicyclers beware.

As many Columbus residents may have noticed (excuse me if you're not local) the Columbus Consolidated Government has began work to convert old railroad tracks in town to a paved bicycle path. This seems like a fairly good idea, but my concern is as follows. The new bike path crosses over several high traffic, main roads. Many of my friends are avid bicyclists, and this worries me. What does the city plan to do about these areas? Will there be traffic signals, or at least stop signs to warn drivers? Do they plan on putting up stop signs to warn bikers of the upcoming roads? The project is far from finished, it seems. I just worry about the risk of my friends and family getting plowed by some high school girl cramming the new 3OH!3 album into her CD player, while talking on her brand new cell phone to the boy she has a HUUUUGE crush on. Anyone else around here had this thought? (On a side note, I posted this same issue on my Facebook, so if it seems like you've read this before, you probably have.) Comments?

No Response to "Bicyclers beware."

Post a Comment